GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR), CONSENT AND INFORMATION
Information I Collect
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing something from my business, you will normally provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information. I will store your contact details on an electronic database system which is fully password protected.
No medical or other personal information is kept in digital format. I only keep medical records and personal details in paper format, which is kept in a secure lockable filing system.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care, as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my patients/customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent, I will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Permission from a parent or someone holding parental responsibility is required for all patients under the age of 16 years old,
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as external reception services. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business Transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
Your information will not be sold to any third party. Personal information is not used for this website or for the purposes of any other website or sources.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe them below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below. A levy charge may be applied to cover the cost of providing such information.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records, these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you are not happy for information to be retained, I will, not be able to provide you with podiatry care.
If you wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk
How to Contact Me
For purposes of the GDPR, I, Leisa James I am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me email@example.com. Alternatively, you may contact me at:
Leisa James Podiatry, 69 St Leonard's Road, Northampton, NN4 8DL.
<< New text box >>
Need an appointment?
Call us on: 01604 701342
or send us an email.
Leisa James, BSc (Pod) MChS
Podiatry & Chiropody Clinic,
69 St. Leonards Road,
Northampton, NN4 8DL